The Best Salesperson I Know ﾅ Winning Skills for Great Tradeshow Success
Sales are the lifeblood of our industry. Whether it’s selling booths and sponsorships, or selling the value of the show to attendees, we are always selling or being sold to. I started my career in sales, have hired and managed many salespeople and, always with deep regret, have had to let a few go on to other opportunities. Today, I am still selling -- and loving it. Most of you are doing the same in some form or another.
I have a dear friend in the business who I realized is simply the best salesperson I know. Here's why...
She always (and I mean always) is:
· A consummate professional
· Ready and eager for the challenges of the day
· Focused with a GREAT attitude
· Dressed for success
· 100% client focused
· Very willing to ask the hard questions
· Completely knowledgeable about every feature and benefit of her products
· Fluent in the key elements of her competition to sell against
· Hating weekends (because its harder to sell something on Saturday or Sunday)
· Very capable speaking with CEO’s, VP’s, managers and assistants with confidence and courtesy
· Asking for the sale at just the right moment
Add these all up and it’s a winning package. Most important, with all of these great skills and attributes (and sales numbers that would stun you), she doesn’t take herself too seriously. She is an inspiration to me … and I hope all of you.
Until recently, the opportunity to have a celebrity attend an event, attach themselves to a name-brand or endorse a certain product or idea was untouchable. The thought of paying a person to promote a product was seen as something only Fortune 500 companies could afford. Social media has changed all that with brands and businesses utilizing celebrity influencers to connect directly with their demographics and increase sales and profits.