Until recently, the opportunity to have a celebrity attend an event, attach themselves to a name-brand or endorse a certain product or idea was untouchable. The thought of paying a person to promote a product was seen as something only Fortune 500 companies could afford. Social media has changed all that with brands and businesses utilizing celebrity influencers to connect directly with their demographics and increase sales and profits.
Government and DOD Smart Grids & Alternative Energy Symposium
The DoD is by far the largest energy user within the Federal Government, and it faces unique strategic issues in energy security, most notably its dependence upon fossil fuels and the risks associated with integrating with the National Grid. To overcome these risks, DoD has embarked upon an aggressive plan to incorporate new technologies and capabilities in smart and microgrids and in alternative/renewable technologies.
This comprehensive two day symposium will feature the leading Government and industry experts who will carefully examine & discuss with the participants emerging Government & Military needs and opportunities in “Smart/Microgrid and Alternative” energy technologies including:
- What role do smart grids, microgrids and alternative energies play in OSD and Service energy strategies and acquisition plans?
- What is the status of government smart /microgrid initiatives? Alternative energy initiatives?
- How do fixed-site vs. mobile energy requirements differ?
- How do OSD and Service plans and developments intersect with DOE plans and US national smart grid strategy? What are the cybersecurity challenges?
- What are the emerging lessons learned from the 40+ DoD/Service microgrid installations?
- How can industry contribute?
These critical issues will be presented and discussed during two full days of sessions that will also include networking and exhibiting opportunities & audience question and answer sessions.