Intertraffic launches in Mexico!
Intertraffic Mexico will be the platform for companies within the traffic industry from around the globe, wanting to explore business opportunities in Mexico. Intertraffic Mexico will enable the establishment of partnerships, creation of alliances and sharing of best practices between local and international businesses.
Business opportunities in the Mexican market
Mexico is the second largest economy in Latin America, the 14th economy in the world. Goldman Sachs predicts that Mexico’s economy will be the 5th in the world by 2050. To fulfill this ambition there has to be an upgrade in the transport infrastructure, something the Mexican government understands and is committed to. New infrastructure projects will be undertaken in combination with upgrading existing infrastructure with more ITS technology. More than 30 billion USD will be invested in the construction of new roads until 2018. This ambitious infrastructure investment plan includes 149 projects to be completed in a five year period (2013-2018), including highways, junctions, bridges and (bypass) roads. The demand for parking solutions is also growing continuously with an emphasis on regulation.
- Policy, decision makers and technicians from the Ministry of Transport (SCT)
- Policy, decision makers and technicians from the federal governments
- Policy, decision makers and technicians from top 20 municipalities
- Public transport authorities: metro, bus and BRT
- Airport authorities
- Construction and engineering companies
- System integrators and installers of traffic and parking management systems
- Road concessionaries
- Road maintenance companies
- Real estate developers and shopping centres developers
- Banks, investment funds and other private investors
- Parking owners and operators
- Distributors, agents and dealers of traffic and
- Private public transport operators