Number of Exhibitors:
Number of Attendees:
The primary goal of the National Hurricane Conference is to improve hurricane preparedness, response, recovery and mitigation in order to save lives and property in the United States and the tropical islands of the Caribbean and Pacific. In addition, the conference serves as a national forum for federal, state and local officials to exchange ideas and recommend new policies to improve Emergency Management.
To accomplish these goals, the annual conference emphasizes:
* Lessons Learned from Hurricane Strikes.
* State of the art programs worthy of emulation.
* New ideas being tested or considered.
* Information about new or ongoing assistance programs.
* The ABC's of hurricane preparedness, response, recovery and mitigation -- in recognition of the fact that there is a continual turnover of emergency management leadership and staff.
Amateur Radio, Armed Forces Disaster Preparedness Officials, Building and Zoning Officials, City and County Commissioners, City and County Managers, Engineers, Environmental Officials, Insurance Company Representatives, Law Enforcement, Nursing Home Officials, Public Information Officers, Public & Private Utility Officials, Geographers, Public Works Officials, Hospital/Health Care Officials, Transportation Officials, Insurance Company Representatives, Voluntary Agency Representatives.
2014 National Hurricane Conference
April 14-17 Hilton Orlando Orlando, FL
2015 National Hurricane Conference
March 30-April 2 Austin Convention Center Austin, TX