6 Digital Marketing Trends to Watch for in 2016
Wondering what 2016 will have in store for digital marketers and consumers? 2015 has brought some remarkably game-changing paradigm shifts in how users find and consume digital content, as well as physical commodities.
In the coming year, these trends will continue to have an exponentially deepening impact on both B2B and B2C sectors.
1. Live streaming, as well as video-driven promotion, will find much wider acceptance. Video ads will continue to show up on more and more sites and apps.
2. Wearable tech and smart devices industry will continue to grow rapidly. The cool, sensor-based technology that we are beginning to see all around us will also become more closely integrated with our personal devices.
3. In fact, adoption of mobile and touchscreen devices will continue to grow exponentially. And with consumers owning more than one personal device on an average, integrated and seamless technologies will be favored by users over standalone applications.
4. With so much data being delivered to brands via smart devices; behavior, history and preferences-based personalized recommendations will become more influential on all platforms.
5. A wider range of social media sites, as well as interactive apps, will increasingly compete with search engines for driving higher volumes of traffic to ecommerce sites via targeted advertising.
6. App indexing by Google may prove to be a game changer. More businesses will consider investing in native mobile apps if these can deliver higher organic visibility of their solutions to their targeted audience.
If 2015 was the year of disruptive marketing, then 2016 may prove to be the year when digital marketers bring the focus back on integrated marketing.
Given the wider range of platforms and channels on which to reach their audience, businesses will have to work hard on creating a unified and seamless experience for consumers to interact with the brand.