Facebook Removes Restrictions on Engagement Campaigns
Facebook recently made an update to its Page Terms that will help event organizers boost user engagement for their Facebook promotional campaigns.
Earlier, brands were required to use a third party app to run a raffle or contest based on Facebook's engagement features, but this policy has been revoked with the latest changes to the 'Facebook Page Terms'.
To quote Facebook:
“We’ve removed the requirement that promotions on Facebook only be administered through apps. Now, promotions may be administered on page Timelines and in apps on Facebook. For example, businesses can now:
- Collect entries by having users post on the page or comment/like a page post.
- Collect entries by having users message the page.
- Utilize likes as a voting mechanism."
However, Pages Terms still prohibit Pages from tagging or encouraging people to tag themselves in content that they are not actually depicted in. This is how Facebook clarifies this policy:
- It’s OK to ask people to submit names of a new product in exchange for a chance to win a prize
- It’s not OK to ask people tag themselves in pictures of a new product in exchange for a chance to win a prize.