Until recently, the opportunity to have a celebrity attend an event, attach themselves to a name-brand or endorse a certain product or idea was untouchable. The thought of paying a person to promote a product was seen as something only Fortune 500 companies could afford. Social media has changed all that with brands and businesses utilizing celebrity influencers to connect directly with their demographics and increase sales and profits.
Goodbye GIF and JPEG. Hello PNG.
Portable Network Graphics (PNG) is a robust file format that was created to display and transfer high-quality digital images on the internet. There are a number of reasons why web designers prefer PNG over GIF and JPEG while optimizing images for the web:
- PNG supports both full and partial transparency with nice anti-aliasing or softening of the edges.
- It uses a non-patented lossless data compression algorithm resulting in high fidelity to the original graphics and no dithering in the optimized graphic
- Better compression, in most cases, also results in smaller file sizes.
- PNG was designed to be backward as well as forward compatible. Hence it is supported by a wide variety of web browsers and image editors.
- It is available for interlaced, progressive display which supports streaming.
- The format supports up to 48-bit truecolor, which means that your graphic can safely include millions of colors.