How Important Is the Subject Line in Your E-mail Newsletters?
When designing your e-mail newsletters, you probably devote most of your time to the content and layout. But, are you giving enough thought to your subject line?
Research has shown that the subject line has a major impact on the open and click-through rates for e-mail communications.
Follow these simple rules for writing compelling subject lines to improve your open and click-through rates.
- Avoid using promotional phrases, CAPS or exclamation marks. You do not want to come off ‘salesy’, aggressive or non-authentic. You want to gain the trust of your readers, so that they don’t ever think twice about opening emails from you.
- Keep your subject line length to 50 characters or less.
- Give a clear indication of what is inside the newsletter. Tell the reader what is of most interest to them.
- Avoid using these words: Free, Help, Percent off and Reminder. They turn people off and your e-mail will end up in the deleted folder.
- Research has also shown that questions often perform better than statements. You may try “Have you registered yet?”
When you’re planning your next business meeting or trade show and it’s time to get deals done, there’s one place that has everything for any size group – Las Vegas.
Las Vegas is the place for business and has the perfect space to accommodate even the largest of assemblies. Three of the country’s 10 largest convention venues are in Las Vegas, all part of more than 11 million square feet of exhibit space throughout the city.