InterMET Asia 2018
Note: InterMET Asia is a trade-only event and not open to the general public and students.
InterMET Asia 2018 is a unique marketplace bringing together the global weather and climate industry with all those in the public and private sectors seeking to mitigate and manage the risks of extreme weather and climate change, and to understand the opportunities.
Focused on Asia, Africa and the Pacific Island regions, it has taken place annually in Singapore since 2014. In 2017, companies and decision makers attended from some 44 countries.
The 2018 show will again feature Special Sessions on Public-Private Sector co-operation sponsored by the World Bank and the Global Facility for Disaster Reduction & Recovery (GFDRR).
Who will attend:
The event targets operations directors, meteorological officers, forecasters, senior scientists and director-generals from national and international weather services, as well as key decision-makers from weather-sensitive businesses.
Weather and environment services:
- National Meteorological and Hydrological Services (NMHS)
- National environment agencies
- Commercial weather service vendors
- Agriculture firms
- Offshore oil & gas companies
- Airlines, helicopters & FBOs
- Power utilities
- Airports & ANSPs
- Ports & harbours
- Broadcast & electronic media
- Renewable energy companies
- Construction & mining companies
- Sports & recreation organisers
- DOTs & public works
- Transportation companies
- Defence & military organisations
- Water utilities