Join #Expochat on Weds: Free Advice for Trade Show Professionals: What to Keep, Start and Stop
Let’s apply a Keep, Start, Stop framework to some of the challenges and opportunities we have as trade show professionals.
Bring your opinions on marketing personas, double carpet padding, elephants in the room, lead retrieval and experience design this Weds. At 1 p.m. ET to the #Expochat Tweetchat.
You could be the one offering advice to change someone’s life, or you could be the person giving thanks around the turkey day table that a friendly participant on #Expochat just inspired your next big idea!
Join guest moderator Dana Freker Doody from The Expo Group, where she’ll lead a discussion about what event and trade show pros should KEEP doing, what we need to START doing, and what we should STOP doing right away (if we have any sense at all)!
- What are we doing right? What’s the best change you’ve enacted in the past 12 months?
- How are you measuring the success of new elements, spaces or programs when you bring them on board?
- If you could pass out advice, and you are, what do you think your fellow #Expochat professionals should START doing right away? And why?
- What do we need to START for attendees? For exhibitors? For sponsors? Staff? Press?
- As technology, trends and generations change our landscape, what’s important to KEEP?
- How do you separate what really works from the elephants in the room or the myth of perceived success?
- What have you fought to sustain in your own events, to rage against the dying of the light?
- STOP! What should we gently wave off into that good night?
- What drives you simply nuts about something trade show pros do on a daily or annual basis?
For more info on #Expochat, visit HERE.
When: Nov. 8, 1-2 p.m. ET
Where: Use hashtag #Expochat and any Twitter chat tool! (Tweetchat, for example)
NEW: Come to the chat with questions about anything trade show-related. We will use our community to address your issues or maybe even hook you up with some help.
What is #EXPOCHAT?
Expochat is a Twitter-based conversation on topics related to the trade show industry. It takes place most Wednesdays at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time (new time slot) and tackles a single topic each week - a recurring pain point, innovative ideas, evolution of the industry, best practices, and what works. Expochat is alternately moderated by four industry thought leaders: Stephanie Selesnick (International Trade Information, Inc.), Terence Donnelly (Experient), Michelle Bruno (Bruno Group Signature Services) and Michael Doane (CadmiumCD).
Expochat has been reformatted from previous years. The discussion (new format) will last a very fast-paced 30 minutes, followed by 15 minutes during which participants may ask questions of the group on any topic. To participate, sign up on Twitter.com and follow the #Expochat hashtag at the appointed time. Questions will be identified as Q1, Q2, etc. Responses from participants should be written as A1, A2, etc. Tools like Tweetchat.io and others can make it easier to participate. Ideas are welcome on Expochat but commercialism is not.
Trade Show News Network, the leading online exhibition industry news resource, sponsors the chat, and topics are listed in advance on TSNN.com. Reminders will be tweeted out prior to each week's discussion, but if you miss a chat, Storify transcripts will be available on TSNN after each chat. We gladly accept requests for topics at email@example.com. Guest moderators are also welcome. #Expochat, now in its fourth year, works because the community supports it. Join us for the best live conversations about the industry that signs your paycheck. Rants welcome!