Shane Shirley is CMO for SBS Brands, a 90-year-old global brand leader focused on creating digital and print business solutions that offers traditional and eco-friendly customized promotional products to accelerate trade show marketing.
5 Incredibly Easy Eco-Friendly Ideas to Use at Your Next Trade Show
Whether or not your brand has established eco goals or objectives, there’s a lot of value for the planet, for your brand and for your prospects and customers in going green at trade shows. Here are 5 tips and eco-friendly ideas to use at your next trade show.
1. Stand Out with a Full-Color Custom Reusable Bag. Design “THE” bag everyone wants to grab at the show. I have seen this done many times before. If you work with the right people and make use of the many ways that you can use a custom reusable bag for marketing, your brand can offer an eco-friendly “gift” that will work for your brand and the planet for years to come. Full-color bags always stand out, but think also about what type of bag you want to create, the size, and how you can add your booth theme and brand messaging to the bag. Three more tips: Don’t forget to add your booth number and your social icons on the bag and utilize #4 below.
2. Put a Recycling Bin in Your Booth. It is very common for attendees at trade shows to have bottled water, but recycling bins aren’t always so easy to find. Attract people who are looking for a place to toss their single-use water bottles by placing a recycling bin in your booth. Make sure your booth staff knows to keep an eye out for folks with empty or almost empty water bottles and offer them a convenient and eco-friendly way to unload them. Once people are in your booth you can deliver your business pitch.
3. Give Away Reusable Water Bottles! Reusable water bottles are eco-friendly because they do away with the need for single-use water bottles which have a huge environmental impact. You can create your own custom reusable water bottle that will serve as a constant reminder of your brand and increase your brand’s awareness and recognition, while helping the planet.
4. Create a QR Code. You have a lot of information to convey to your prospects but not a lot of time. You can have a QR code printed directly on your display, your promotipnal items, business cards and takeaways so you can give your customers a wealth of information with a simple scan. Link the QR code to a landing page, your website, a place you have uploaded images from the show, one of your social profiles or even link it to an offer for a show special discount or deal.
5. Use an App to Take Orders. Take your ordering process digital and eliminate the need for paper order forms. There are a lot of great apps out there that streamline the ordering process. Taking orders digitally also means your team back in the office can start processing orders right away, so your customer’s will receive their order sooner.
Share Your Eco-Ideas to Exhibit Greener
Utilizing reusable takeaways, streamlining the waste stream, and taking advantage of digital opportunities are all eco-friendly ways to go green at your next trade show.
What ideas do you have to go eco-friendly at trade shows? Our readers, the TSNN team and I would love to hear about what you are doing to exhibit greener. Inspire us all by sharing yoru ideas in the comments below.
Until recently, the opportunity to have a celebrity attend an event, attach themselves to a name-brand or endorse a certain product or idea was untouchable. The thought of paying a person to promote a product was seen as something only Fortune 500 companies could afford. Social media has changed all that with brands and businesses utilizing celebrity influencers to connect directly with their demographics and increase sales and profits.