Until recently, the opportunity to have a celebrity attend an event, attach themselves to a name-brand or endorse a certain product or idea was untouchable. The thought of paying a person to promote a product was seen as something only Fortune 500 companies could afford. Social media has changed all that with brands and businesses utilizing celebrity influencers to connect directly with their demographics and increase sales and profits.
Government Big Data
In March 2012, the White House announced funding for a large new research and development initiative aimed at extracting and exploiting the “knowledge and insights from large and complex collections of digital data to help solve some of the Nation’s most pressing challenges.” This is in addition to numerous ongoing “Big Data” programs that have been initiated across the Federal Government, including Homeland Security, Defense, Intelligence, Education, Energy, Health and Human Services, NASA, and NIST aimed at spurring scientific discovery and innovation.
This outstanding conference brings together the key government and industry experts who are shaping the direction of big data research and development across the Federal Government. They will provide you with an in-depth understanding of Federal agency strategy and plans, the status and forecast for key big data initiatives, and the latest tools and technologies being developed to exploit the massive amounts of information being collected at the Federal level.
- How are large-scale analytics being applied to ease overload for our warfighters?
- What applications are being developed for homeland security and intelligence analysis?
- What is the promise of health data analytics for developing new approaches to population health management, generating informatics-based treatments to major diseases, and coordinating response to public health crises?
- What are the most recent lessons learned from the commercial world?
- What is the analytic basis for the next-generation of energy capabilities?
- What are the market prospects for these and other high-value big data missions?
These and many other critical questions will be examined during this outstanding two-day event.