Simple Rules for Improved Email Subject Lines
Online communication plays a crucial part in your marketing efforts and sizable piece of this consists of email messages. I was reminded of the importance of how these emails are designed by a recent article on http://www.business2community.com that highlighted 25 interesting email statistics.
The statistics that stood out for me included:
- 64% of people say they open an email because of the subject line.
- Subject lines with 30 or fewer characters performed above average in opens and clicks.
The subject line is SO important and yet is often given the least amount of attention when the email is designed. If you can’t get the reader to even open the email then your entire effort is lost! Below are a few simple rules for enhancing your email subject lines and improving your open rates.
- Choose a short, compelling, informative subject line
- Give a clear indication of what is in the email that is of interest to the reader
- Keep the length to 50 characters or less. (less is more!)
- Avoid these words: Free, Help, Percent off and Reminder
- Avoid using promotional phrases, CAPS or exclamation marks
Last, but not the least, experiment with varied subject lines and keep track of which ones perform better!
When you’re planning your next business meeting or trade show and it’s time to get deals done, there’s one place that has everything for any size group – Las Vegas.
Las Vegas is the place for business and has the perfect space to accommodate even the largest of assemblies. Three of the country’s 10 largest convention venues are in Las Vegas, all part of more than 11 million square feet of exhibit space throughout the city.