IAEE and Fern Team Up On 2021 Chapter Education Series for Exhibition Professionals
As the exhibition industry sets its sights on recovery, the International Association of Exhibitions and Events is doing what it can to increase its international and local educational resources that its chapters can offer members. To help do just that, IAEE has for a fifth-straight year partnered with full-service exhibitions services contractor Fern to offer a free specialized education program targeting top-of-mind topics most relevant to each chapter’s membership base.
“It is important to us to provide the best and most pertinent education programming to our members, especially as our industry strives to recover from the challenges faced in the past year,” explained Marsha Flanagan, vice president of learning experiences at IAEE. “In the five years the chapter education series has been held, we have seen that the wealth of information provided in the program serves to strengthen our members’ professional portfolios in both the short- and long-term future.”
All participants receive one credit per class (which CEM participants can apply toward their re-certification), and the sessions can be presented in-person or online, according to IAEE officials.
IAEE Chapter leaders can choose from the following presentations:
Facilitated by Shakira Brown, CEO, SMB Strategic Media:
- Reinvent You: Level Up Your Emotional Intelligence to Transform from Boss to Leader
- Tactical Crisis Communications: Knowing What to Say and When to Say It
- Fostering Creative Thinking and Innovation
- Optimize That Sales Funnel: Mastering Negotiation to Get More of What You Want!
- Influence and Persuasion for Sales Leaders
Facilitated by Paige Cardwell, President and Founder, CSG Creative:
- Hybrid or Hot Mess? How to Effectively Market Your Live and Virtual Experience to Maximize Engagement and Conversions
- Think About This: Is Your Brand Still Relevant in a Post-COVID World?
- If a Picture Says a Thousand Words, Video Says a Million: How to Effectively Leverage Virtual Event Content and Other Video to Drive Audience Engagement and Acquisition
Facilitated by Bob Chain, Account Manager, Swapcard:
- Building a Personal Brand: A Journey to Increase Your Circle of Influence
- Driving Digital Revenue: How Virtual Experiences Relate to Digital Advertising
- How to Support Every Single Exhibitor and Sponsor Effectively
- Working with Exhibitors in a Virtual World
- Every Event Professional Can Be an Effective Advocate – Especially You!
Facilitated by Meg Fasy, Principal, FazeFWD:
- The Dollars and Sense of Sponsorships
- Building Your Sponsorship Strategy
- Sponsorship Trends
- Digital Sponsorship Possibilities
Facilitated by Jenni Hesterman (Colonel, U.S. Air Force, retired), Vice President, Business Resiliency, Watermark Rick Management International:
- Securing Public Spaces: A Practical Exercise
- Women in Leadership: Achieving Balance and Professional Success
Facilitated by Ginger Johnson, Expert Connector, Author, Coach:
- Life: Powered by Connection
- The Dinner Party Experience: Connection at the Table
- Marketing, Communication and Sales: Powered by Connection
- Building Authentic Connections: Team, Members and Sponsors
Facilitated by Jennifer Kerhin, MBA, President, Sponsorship Boost:
- 6 Steps to Create a Virtual Prospectus
Facilitated by Kate Patay, Chief Strategy Officer, Patay Consulting:
- Critical Leadership
- Defining and Communicating Your Brand
- Influencing the Influencers
- Survive and Thrive
- Be Your Own Superhero
- Ignite Your LinkedIn Profile: Ignite Opportunities
- Learning from the Past to Shape the Future
Facilitated by Sherron Washington, Founder and CEO, The P3 Solution:
- Promotion Principles: Ethical Strategies to Creating Effective Marketing
- MarComm Mash-Up
- Marketing Simplified: The 15-Minute Marketing Plan
- Unmasking and Managing Bias in the Workplace
- Your Response Matters: How to Become an Effective Communicator in Conflict
According to IAEE Southeastern Chapter Chairperson Gwen Venable, who is also vice president of communications for the U.S. Poultry & Egg Association, her chapter has been leveraging the Fern-sponsored series in its education programs, with great results.
“The series allows us to access quality speakers who present on relevant and timely topics,” Venable said. “Our members are really appreciative of the information and resources they provide.”
Thanks to Fern’s continued support, IAEE’s national headquarters will fund the costs of the program, including speaker fees, travel and accommodations.
“Education has long been at the core of what we do as an industry, and IAEE has continually been at the forefront of education for exhibitions and events professionals,” said Aaron Bludworth, CEO of Fern. “Fern is very pleased to continue our support of the Chapter Education Series, allowing industry-leading content to be provided at a local level.”
For the complete program and presenter information, go here.