IAEE Teams Up with MACEOS to Support Exhibitions and Events in Malaysia
The International Association of Exhibitions and Events and the Malaysian Association of Convention and Exhibition Organisers and Suppliers have entered into an agreement to extend their offerings to members of both organizations in the interest of advancing the exhibitions and events industry in their respective regions.
"The collaboration between MACEOS and the Malaysian Convention and Exhibition Bureau (MYCEB) shows a strong commitment to the development of exhibitions and events in Southeast Asia," said IAEE President David DuBois.
He added, "We are honored to be a part of this burgeoning segment of the global exhibitions and events industry."
MACEOS was established in 1990 to serve the meetings, incentives, conventions and exhibitions (MICE) industry in Malaysia.
Its 84 member companies represent exhibition and event organizers, as well as industry suppliers. In 2009, the MYCEB was established by the Ministry of Tourism and Culture to position Malaysia as a leading business events destination which helps to further strengthen MACEOS' mission.
MACEOS Chief Executive Officer Amos Wong said, "We are very pleased and honoured by establishing this reciprocity agreement with IAEE, an association known for their quality training and educational practices, and where MACEOS members can benefit in their upskilling process for the coming years."
The agreement between IAEE and MACEOS will extend reciprocal membership benefits to the respective members of both organizations:
· Member pricing for all products, services, meetings, and events that are offered by MACEOS and IAEE;
· Recognition of the respective professional designations that may be offered by the organizations, wherever possible and practical, to applicants for the purpose of recertification;
· The sharing of research data and information that is relevant and not proprietary;
· The creation of jointly sponsored activities and events that will encourage interaction between the members of each organization; and
· The participation of the leaders of the associations in the major events of each organization.
Click here to view a complete list of organizations with which IAEE collaborates.
Add new comment