The MedTech Conference Achieves Double-Digit Growth in Philadelphia
The MedTech Conference wrapped up its 12thannual edition boasting double-digit growth in attendance and partnering meetings.
Held Sept. 24-26 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia, the three-day gathering of global MedTech executives attracted more than 1,000 companies, 132 exhibitors to a 20,800 square foot expo, and 3,000 medical technology professionals hailing from 35 countries, including newcomers South Africa, Saudi Arabia and the Dominican Republic.
“Holding this conference in the Philadelphia/New Jersey corridor provided us (with) an amazing opportunity to bring together thought leaders and entrepreneurs from across the healthcare spectrum – all focused on our theme, Innovation Transforming Health Care,” said Scott Whitaker, president and CEO of AdvaMed, the trade association that produces the show and represents 80 percent of U.S. medical technology companies that produce medical devices, diagnostic products and health information systems.
He added, “The dynamic and forward-looking nature of our industry was evident throughout the conference and in the Exhibit Hall.”
Attendee growth is nothing new for the MedTech Conference, which has been steadily increasing its participation for the last several years, including in 2017, when the event attracted 2,752 attendees and 117 exhibitors spanning 19,300 sq. ft. of exhibition space at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, Ca, and in 2016, when 2,650 attendees converged at the Minneapolis Convention Center, a 15 percent increase compared to the 2015 conference in San Diego.
Designed for global medtech executives with regulatory, reimbursement, business development, legal, IP, marketing, quality, compliance, HR and other key responsibilities as well as business development professionals, investors, policymakers, members of the media, legal experts, consultants, distributors and other stakeholders, the annual conference features plenary speakers, a wide array of educational programming, as well as networking and business development opportunities.
Event highlights included:
- Plenary Q&A sessions with President George W. Bush and Former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, Tony Blair
- 1,680 business development meetings scheduled through the MedTech Connect platform, a 17 percent increase compared to 2017
- 107 sessions and presentations including MedTech Innovator Showcase company presentations featuring the latest in cutting-edge medical technologies and diagnostics; educational panels organized into four tracks and CEOs Unplugged sessions featuring leaders from companies such as Flex Medical, B. Braun Medical and ResMed
- A robust trade show floor featuring the Innovation Pavilion, MedTech Innovator Showcase, CEOs Unplugged, MedTech Exec Talks, Solutions Showcase, Patient Pavilion and Academic Zone
- The distribution of more than $500,000 in cash prizes and awards to five showcase finalists from MedTech Innovator
The 2019 MedTech Conference is set to take place Sept. 23-25 at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center.