PCMA Names 2019 “20 in Their 20s” Honorees
The Professional Convention Management Association(PCMA) has cast its votes for the next generation of professional business event leaders. PCMA’s newest class of “20 in their Twenties” represent a wide variety of regions, industries and organization types.
Honorees were selected from a pool of applicants by a committee comprised of veteran industry professionals and “20 in their Twenties” alumni. Application was limited to full-time employees in the business events industry who would be no older than 29 on Jan. 9, 2019 and examples of industry leadership, a video statement and professional references were required.
“This passionate group inspires me every year as they represent the future of the business events industry,” said Meredith Rollins, executive director of the PCMA Education Foundation. “I have no doubt this class of bright, skilled professionals will achieve success and PCMA is proud to assist them at every stage of their career.”
All members of the 2019 class will be granted a scholarship to attend Convening Leaders, PCMA’s annual signature event, where they will be honored in a special recognition ceremony. Convening Leaders will be held Jan 6-9 at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in Pittsburgh, Penn.
Honorees will also receive complimentary registration for the PCMA Education Conference, set for Jun. 25-28 in Los Angeles, as well as PCMA membership and educational products.
PCMA’s “20 in their Twenties” Class Members
- Edward Bagsic, Manager, Conventions VIP Events and Budgets, National Business Aviation Association, Alexandria, Va.
- Raul Cavazos-Binder, Account Executive, Development Counsellors International (DCI), New York, NY
- Jared Chambers, Strategic Account Manager, Experient, a Maritz Global Events Company, Frederick, MD
- Emily Dietrich, Manager, Business Events, Niagara Parks Commission, Niagara, Ontario, Canada
- Molly Holt, CMP, Manager, Meeting Operations, Heart Rhythm Society, Washington, D.C.
- Kara Hsu, Convention Sales Manager, Destination DC, Washington, D.C.
- Veronika Ivanova, Marketing and Meeting Architecture Specialist, Kenes International, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Andrea Lane, Meeting Planner, National Defense Industrial Association, Fairfax, Va.
- Janelle Lewis, Meetings and Events Manager, Foundation for the National Institutes of Health, North Bethesda, MD
- Chad Manhertz, Event Manager, Events DC, Washington, D.C.
- Femke Morelisse, Sales Manager, GES, Alexandria, Va.
- Greg Morris, Director, Meetings and Education, Destinations International, Washington, D.C.
- Laura Neufeld, Account Manager, Meetings and Events, MCI Group Canada Inc., Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Khadijah Nimrod, Convention Sales Assistant, Destination DC, Washington, D.C.
- Olivia Pelzer, Senior Strategic Account Analyst, Cvent, Delaware, Ohio
- Gita Pun, Client Relations Team Manager, Shocklogic, London, U.K.
- Giulia Ineke Sarri, MARCOM and Social Project Assistant, AIM Group International, Milan, Italy
- Erin Simcox, Senior Manager of Housing, Visit Knoxville, Knoxville, Tenn.
- Kevin J. Thompson, Event Manager, Events DC, Washington, D.C.
- Lindsay Williams, Sales Manager, GES, Chicago, Ill.
Don’t miss any event news! Sign up for any (or all) of our e-newsletters HERE & engage with us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn & Instagram!
Add new comment