20 Ideas to Increase Member Engagement With a Multi-Channel Strategy
According to a Marketing General Incorporated benchmarking report, 50% of associations reported that members do not renew their membership due to a lack of engagement. That’s why membership engagement has always been one of the top priorities for the leadership in associations. It’s important to recognize that different members prefer to engage in different ways, and their pattern of content consumption may vary.
To help better align your engagement strategy across the multitudes of channels your members might prefer, we’d like to offer up 20 ways to boost your membership engagement across different marketing channels.
Update the website with comprehensive and exclusive content
- Give detailed breakdown of your association’s value proposition, membership benefits and offerings
- Create a content repository along with a calendar of past and upcoming events
- Publish exclusive offers, discounts and referral programs for your members
- Showcase members and their journey with you
- Highlight your association’s impact with focus on statistics and testimonials
Use social media to boost your reach and showcase your journey
- Share regular updates about your impact, membership offerings, and upcoming events.
- Repurpose and customize your content for each platform, like threads for Twitter, stories on Instagram and carousels on Linkedin.
- Promote user-generated content and put spotlight on members. Content can be in the form of interactive polls, personal stories or ask-me-anythings (AMAs) with experts.
- Welcome new members and celebrate the achievements of existing members.
Members love to get to know each other. Help them connect by creating a member spotlight and share it through your social media channels.
Setup email nurturing for current and future members:
- Work with the leaders in your association and establish a 1:1 conversation with top members
- Segment your list and deliver personalized content based on interests
- Leverage your newsletter to promote the latest courses and certifications.
- Nurture the non-sales ready leads. Here’s a step-by-step guide to fine tune your nurturing campaign.
Deliver experiential events with personalized content:
- Develop an year-round event calendar to engage with your members
- Design more engaging virtual events using interactive polls, live Q&A, breakout rooms and live entertainment
- Create 1:1 networking opportunities for members to interact with industry experts
- Enable members to host their own breakout rooms and networking lounges
- Publish on-demand content for members to rewatch at their convenience
- Gamify the experience and reward the most engaged members
- Personalize the content based on data around engagement levels, satisfaction scores and effectiveness of content.
This is a list just to inspire you to start testing different ways of engagement. Did you try a new way to engage with your members recently? Tweet us @Hubiloconnect or Tag us @Hubilo with the hashtag #Hubilove on all other socials.