2017 IAEE Chairperson Ryan Strowger Assumes Gavel at Expo! Expo!
Today, 2016 IAEE Chairperson Julie Smith, CEM, CTA passed the baton to 2017 IAEE Chairperson Ryan Strowger, CEM at the Annual Networking Luncheon and Awards Presentation, held during Expo! Expo! IAEE’s Annual Meeting & Exhibition in Anaheim.
“I am honored to serve as the 2017 Chairperson and continue the incredible work of my fellow IAEE members,” Strowger said.
He added, “I plan to focus on IAEE chapter involvement, as I see local involvement as the foundation upon which many great associations successfully build. And, of course, continue the great strides IAEE has made in industry advocacy.”
As senior vice president of exhibitions, conferences and sales for the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA), Strowger is responsible for overseeing IAAPA’s portfolio of global events in the amusement park and attractions industry, including three annual exhibitions: Asian Attractions Expo; Euro Attractions Show, and IAAPA Attractions Expo.
Previously, as director of business development for the Consumer Technology Association (formerly the Consumer Electronics Association), Strowger was responsible for International CES revenue and exhibit space growth.
He has also worked for industry trade associations including the Environmental Industry Associations and the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
Strowger has served on numerous IAEE councils and committees, including former chairperson of IAEE Services, Inc., the Finance Committee, and the IAEE Washington, D.C. Chapter.
In addition, IAEE welcomed its newest Board of Directors, including Antonio Brito, CEM, CMP, CEO, of Newevents – Organizacao de Feiras e Eventos, Lda, and Julie Coker Graham, president and CEO of the Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau (SMG).
Continuing IAEE Board of Directors members include:
· Chairperson-Elect Daniel McKinnon, CEM, Vice President, Client Services – Global, FreemanXP;
· Secretary/Treasurer Thomas Cindric, Jr., CEM, Vice President, Informa Exhibitions;
· Immediate Past Chairperson Julie Smith, CEM, CTA, Senior Vice President of National Sales, Global Experience Specialists (GES);
· Director Gregg Caren, Executive Vice President, SMG;
· Director Lenay Gore, Senior Director – Meetings and Trade Shows, American Public Transportation Association;
· Director Christopher McCabe, Executive Vice President, Emerald Expositions;
· Director Robert “Bob” McLean, Jr., CPA, Executive Vice President, Promotional Products Association International;
· Director Robert “Bob” Morgan, General Manager, Dulles Expo Center;
· Director Chris Nemchek, Senior Vice President, Specialty Foods Association, Inc.;
· Director Susan Schwartz, CEM, Managing Director, ConvExx;
· Director Stephen “Steve” Sind, President & CEO, Global Event Strategies, LLC.; and
· Director Dennis Smith, President, Messe Frankfurt North America.
Ex-officio Directors include:
· Walter Yeh, CEM, Executive Vice President, TAITRA – Taiwan External Trade Development Council representing the IAEE Asia Exhibition Council;
· Aaron Bludworth, President & CEO, Fern representing the Center for Exhibition Industry Research (CEIR);
· Sue McCart, President, HFI LLC dba HFI Event Services representing the Chapter Leaders Council;
· Kelly Kilga, CEM, Director of Operations, Graphic Arts Show Company, Inc. representing the IAEE MATSO Council;
· Mary Bender, Marketing Director, Emerald Expositions representing the IAEE Public Events Council; and
· Pamela Skaggs, CEM, Senior Operations Manager, Penton representing the Robert L. Krakoff Seat.
“I am looking forward to working with you and for you this coming year,” Strowger said at IAEE's Expo! Expo! Awards Luncheon.