Clarion Events F&B Group Cancels 2020 Summer Trade Shows
Clarion Events Food & Beverage Group has cancelled four of its 2020 restaurant, foodservice and specialty coffee trade shows in California, Florida and Illinois due to COVID-19 concerns and government-issued State of Emergency orders.
“We are saddened and disappointed we have to cancel our industry events; however, in light of both government direction and general public health advisories, we believe it is not possible at this time for a safe public gathering,” said Tom Loughran, vice president of the Clarion Events Food & Beverage Group, which produces 37 events across 13 trade and consumer event sectors. The announcement was made on May 19.
The cancelled events include:
- Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo /Healthy Food Expo West and Coffee Fest Anaheim, both scheduled for Aug. 9-11 at Anaheim Convention Center in California
- Coffee Fest Chicago, scheduled for Aug. 28-30 at Navy Pier.
- Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show and Healthy Food Expo Florida, scheduled for Sept. 22-23 at Orange County Convention Center in Orlando
Coffee Fest PNW, scheduled for Oct. 24-25 at Greater Tacoma Convention Center in Washington, is expected to run as planned, according to Clarion officials.
“Although our next event is scheduled for October, we are working on new concepts to support the industry through our education that is practical and relevant for today’s foodservice professional; and by bringing vendors together with restaurants, foodservice and retailers,” Loughran said. “We look forward to bringing to operators and manufacturers both virtual and potentially more intimate face-to-face gatherings when the timing is right.”
In the meantime, Clarion will be working to provide F&B operators and the overall restaurant, foodservice, catering and coffee/tea industry with tools to connect and rebuild their businesses, Loughran added.
“We are pleased to continue to support the marketplace with our COVID-19 Resource Center, an online platform providing access to both uniquely produced education focused on operators’ most relevant needs, along with aggregated industry education plus association resources, industry links and more,” he said.
Clarion’s remaining food and beverage trade shows will resume in 2021 with the following events:
- The NGA Show – March 7-9, 2021, at Caesars Forum in Las Vegas.
- The International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of New York/Coffee Fest New York and Healthy Food Expo New York – March 7-9, 2021, at the Javits Center in New York City.
- Coffee Fest San Antonio - June 18-19, 2021, at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio, Texas.
- The Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo/ Coffee Fest Anaheim/ Healthy Food Expo West – August 22-24, 2021, at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- The Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show/Healthy Food Expo Florida – September 19-20, 2021, at the Orange County Convention Center.
Don’t miss any event-related news: Sign up for our weekly e-newsletter HERE and engage with us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram!
Add new comment