Healthcare Convention & Exhibitors Association Launches Chicago Association Roundtable; Calls for Educational Proposals
The Healthcare Convention & Exhibitors Association will hold its’ first-everChicago-area Association Roundtable Nov. 7 for healthcare association show organizers and exhibition managers.
The event, usually held during HCEA’s Annual Meeting, now is being offered for the first time as a stand-alone event.
This open discussion forum offers an opportunity for healthcare association professionals to share best practices, make new industry connections and learn about the latest developments in the world of healthcare convention marketing.
The roundtable will be moderated by Michelle Turenne, senior director of Corporate Alliances and Development, American Thoracic Society.
Here are some of the preliminary discussion topics:
• What does your organization need to know about the Sunshine Act implementation in 2013?
• How can your organization build traffic in the exhibit hall?
• What are some of the latest and most creative sponsorship opportunities?
• Should you provide your attendee e-mail list to exhibitors?
• What do physicians really think of having their interactions with the healthcare industry publicly reported?
HCEA also has put out a call for marketing-specific education sessions proposals for its annual meeting, on tap June 22–25, 2013, at the Austin Convention Center in Texas.
The deadline for the submission of educational sessions is Nov. 9.
Topics of particular interest to HCEA Annual Meeting attendees include updates on federal marketing legislation, research on industry trends, budgeting, globalization and results measurement, according to association officials.
Proposed educational sessions should be targeted to healthcare convention and exhibit marketers, healthcare convention organizers and medical meeting planners.
To access the curriculum submission form, visit https://www.eiseverywhere.com/eselect/49124.