IAEE Announces 2020 Board of Directors, Led by Robert (Bob) McLean
Last week, International Association for Exhibitions and Events announced the results of the election determining its 2020 Board of Directors at Expo! Expo! IAEE’s Annual Meeting and Exhibition in Las Vegas.
The 2020 board will be led by Robert (Bob) McLean, executive vice president of Promotional Products Association International. He’s worked at the association since 2008 and has served in his current role since fall 2011. As chairperson, he will focus on the continuation of IAEE’s advocacy efforts, including its work with the Exhibitions Mean Business campaign.
“The business-to-business connections forged from IAEE’s worldwide membership resonate throughout the exhibitions and events industry,” said McLean. “My goal as incoming chairperson is to advance IAEE’s global growth initiatives. As our members and industry become more international, I want to ensure that IAEE is the first place professionals turn to for connections, knowledge and advocacy.”
He continued, “Also, having just served as CEIR’s chairperson, I want to increase the visibility and usage of the valuable research that CEIR produces.”
Each year, the board is elected by votes from the official voting member of each IAEE member company. All officers serve a one-year term except for the secretary/treasurer, who may hold the office for two years, and directors serve three years in staggered terms to ensure continuity in governance.
The newest members to the 2020 IAEE Board of Directors include:
- Christopher Harar, President of NTP Events, National Trade Productions
- Jennifer Heinold, Senior Vice President of Events, Access Intelligence
- KV Nagendra Prasad, Hyderabad International Trade Exhibition Centre
- Brian Scott, Chief Information Officer, Experient, a Maritz Global Events Company.
Continuing Board of Directors members include:
- Chairperson-Elect Carrie Ferenac, President, CNTV
- Secretary/Treasurer Yulita Osuba, Deputy Director, Orange County Convention Center
- Immediate Past Chairperson Tom Cindric, Jr., President, Winsight Exhibitions, Winsight Media
- Director Marie Browne, Group Vice President, LaunchPad, Reed Exhibitions
- Director Chuck Grouzard, Executive Vice President of Exhibition Sales, GES
- Director Kimberly Hardcastle-Geddes, President and Chief Account Strategist, mdg
- Director Buffy Levy, Director of Event Services, SmithBucklin Corporation
- Director Tim McGuinness, Staff Vice President of Global Expositions, International Council of Shopping Centers
- Director Justine McVaney, Senior Vice President of Event Planning and Operations, National Association of Broadcasters
- Director Dennis Smith, Consultant in Event Strategy, Elevate Event Strategies
- Director Janet Sperstad, Program Director, Meeting and Event Management, Madison College
Ex-officio Directors are:
- Xuebin Gu, Founder and CEO, WeMeet, representing the IAEE Asia Council
- Jean Heis, Director of Meetings and Exhibits, Institute of Food Technologists, representing the Chapter Leaders Council
- Mark Bogdansky, Vice President of Meetings and Events, Auto Care Association, representing the IAEE MATSO Council
- Jonathan “Skip” Cox, President, Freeman, representing the Past Chairpersons’ Advisory Group
- Michelle Metter, Partner, Fast Forward Event Productions, representing the IAEE Consumer Events Council
To learn more about IAEE, go here.