Reed Forms Australian JV with Expertise Events

July 8, 2013

Reed Exhibitions and Expertise Events, an Australian jewellery trade fair organiser, have announced the formation of a new joint venture (JV) company – Fair Events. Expertise Events will reportedly own 51% of the JV with Reed Exhibitions holding the remaining 49% stake.

Expertise Events will be responsible for managing and selling the shows that operate under Fair Events. Gary Fitz-Roy, managing director of Expertise Events, will be solely responsible for the management of Fair Events.

Fair Event’s portfolio will include the International Jewellery Fair in March 2014, which will move from Brisbane to the Gold Coast, and the recently launched Jewellery Industry Forums set for Perth and Adelaide. Fair Events will also organise the Brisbane Gift Fair beginning in 2014, a former Reed Exhibitions event held in July each year.

Gary Fitz-Roy said, “It’s a great combination of Australia’s largest independent and the world’s largest exhibition organiser. Our two organisations have had a long association and to be working co-operatively is exciting. Some of the ideas already tabled just make common sense and who knows where we might end up.”

Add new comment


Partner Voices

VisitDallas, the sales and marketing organization for the city of Dallas, is a pioneer in the destination marketing organization (DMO) space, leading the way in shaping the visitor experience for travelers of all kinds. The most progressive DMOs are developing new partnerships with local organizations to improve the destination experience. VisitDallas, for example, developed the Margarita Mile by creating a collection of top bars and restaurants that each celebrate the frosty cocktail in innovative ways.