Reed Travel Exhibitions’ AIBTM Will Change Name, Scale Back Event in 2015
Since Reed Travel Exhibitions’ AIBTM launched a few years ago in Baltimore, its model has been to have a showfoor filled with suppliers who wanted to show off what they had to offer to buyers who were hosted by the show to come into town.
But now, not only has the show decided to drastically scale back its hosted buyer program from more than 1,000 attendees this year to just 250 next year, but there also will be just 250 exhibitors on the showfloor as well, compared with 508 this year.
In addition, the show’s name will be changed from AIBTM to IBTM America 2015.
“We have created IBTM America to be a brand new trade show experience. It’s exclusive and private, similar to the two successful launches of the table-top 1-1 mutual match event concept with both IBTM India and IBTM Africa,” said Sallie Coventry, Portfolio Director, IBTM Global Events Portfolio.
She added, “Whilst we are in the early stages of design, we have extended the creative concept from a table top to a private booth with branding space that ensures an intimate environment, and a turnkey solution, that gives both buyers and sellers a focused face-to-face meeting space.”
According to show organizers, the new format will save exhibitors’ costsby offering them a turnkey solution where a pod design will be integrated in an exhibitors’ meeting space for one-on-one sit-downs with meeting planners.
Show organizers said the changes came about after consultations with the US Advisory Board, who “identified the need for trade shows in this industry to prioritize the time given to meetings with premium buyers but in the most cost effective way.”
There will be several changes to the show starting in 2015:
1. The 8ft x 8ft turnkey exhibit pod will be ready for the arrival of the exhibitor. There will be no more additional costs associated with set up or tear down, no freight or drayage giving a hassle-free way to exhibit.
2. Exhibitors and Buyers will take part in a mutual match system for their appointment diary. This means both parties choose who they wish to do business with; the first time exhibitors have been given this option.
3. Hosted Buyers will be rigorously pre-qualified, personally invited and the most senior decision makers with guaranteed purchasing power.
4. Each Hosted Buyer will have 30 pre-scheduled appointments giving exhibitors a similar schedule of meetings over the course of the event.
5. Building further connections, the community of IBTM America will join together for bespoke networking events, and the inspirational IBTM professional Knowledge Forum.
“IBTM America will now give the US meetings industry its own niche event that is focused on the business of meetings, no distractions, no time-wasting, and enabling both buyers and sellers to have their own community in one place for 2 days,” Coventry said.
IBTM America is part of Reed Travel Exhibitions' portfolio that includes the EIBTM event held annually in Barcelona, among others.
IBTM America will take place in Chicago in June 2015.