IAEE Announces Individual Award Winners
Individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the exhibitions and events industry have been named by the International Association of Exhibitions & Events and will be feted at the organization’s upcoming Expo! Expo! IAEE’s Annual Meeting & Exhibition Dec. 6-8 in Las Vegas.
The IAEE Individual Awards winners includes Gary Sain, president and CEO of Orlando/Orange County Convention & Visitors Bureau, who will receive Chariman’s Award, given to someone whose assistance to the IAEE chairman has been meritorious.
Recipients are recognized for going above and beyond in their service to the IAEE Chairman by helping grow both national and international relationships.
Sain is being honored for his dedication on the IAEE Board of Directors and “his extraordinary efforts in raising the necessary funds to launch the IAEE Public Relations Campaign,” according to IAEE officials.
"Charged with developing a strategic campaign to promote the value of face-to-face events, the dedication of IAEE's Public Relations Task Force members to their mission has been remarkable," said IAEE Chairman Vinnie Polito.
He added, "In turn, the campaign's successful implementation was wholly dependent on having sufficient capital for skillful execution, and Gary's quick, enthusiastic and steadfast efforts will now make it possible."
Several more individuals will be honored for their contributions to IAEE:
- The Merit Award, which recognizes those whose ideas and/or work have benefited IAEE as an organization on the chapter level, will be given to Barry Brown, national sales manager at Freeman, and Barbara Stroup.
- The Educator of the Year Award, which honors IAEE members who possess outstanding creativity, a positive attitude and the ability to transfer knowledge through good communication skills and innovative teaching to promote life-long learning to exhibitions and events industry professionals, will be given to Bob Dallmeyer, president of RD International.
- The Committee/Task Force Volunteer of the Year Award, which honors an individual who has dedicated his or her time to the progress and fulfillment of the charge of a committee or task force on which he or she serves, will be given to Julie Nelson, account executive at Convention Data Services.
- Outstanding Achievement in Marketing & Sales Award, which recognizes outstanding achievement by show management in marketing and sales activities, will be given to Lenny Heymann, executive vice president and group general manager at UBM TechWech.
- The Young Professional of the Year Award will debut this year and honors individuals in the exhibitions and events industry 40 years of age or younger who have committed his/her time to advancing the standing of young professionals in our industry. This year’s recipients are Greg McCormack, account manager at The Expo Group and Julie Pazina, national sales manager for Edlen Electrical Exhibition Services.
"The awards committee reviewed several excellent candidates and is proud to honor these individuals, as they represent the best of the industry," said 2011 IAEE Awards Committee Chairman Brian Monroe.
He added, "I also congratulate those who put forth the time and effort to submit nominations and recognize the efforts of their fellow industry members."